Welcome to My Art Blog. I am Kallie Jackson Nielsen and this is my art blog. I will post blogs on here about current art projects I am working on and will also have my artwork displayed on here sometimes. If you have any questions or would like to consider me for an art job you can email me at KallieJackson2008@gmail.com, KallieNielsen2012@gmail.com, or View my art work on my website at KallieJackson.webs.com

I hope you enjoy looking at my artwork!

Kallie D. Jackson

Saturday, May 4, 2013

A New Year, a New Start!

       I recently got married on October 12, 2012 to Theodore W. Nielsen. Me and my husband then relocated to Hampton Virginia in January of 2013. It is definitely a change of pace from Tennessee. No more mountains and tree filled hills, its now seagulls, beaches, and flood zones. Its a fresh start for not only my married life but also my life as an Artist.
       Due to cramped apartment living conditions I have not been able to work on my artwork as much as I would have liked, but that didn't stop me from creating some more watercolors. In June we plan to relocate to a house where we will have a lot more space and a garage where I can work with my encaustics more properly.
       Due to poor communication and unreasonable professors I did not get a letter of recomendation to my desired graduate school of choice. Lets just say the ONLY reason I didn't get accepted was because I didn't have letters of recomendation.
       So Sisavanah if you are perhaps reading this it would be lovely if you could take 5 min and log onto the Virginia Common wealth University Site and write a quick letter of recommendation for me. It would be splendid considering I'm not going to give up this easy. Seeing as I transferred universities during college and all my other professors have retired and apparently fell of the face of the earth it is kinda important. Haha. 
     
 In other news I hope to get my teaching license soon and will perhaps get a local job teaching. K-12. The K-12 teaching is not exactly what I had in mind but it is my fall back job after all. With all this free time in between college and graduate school I plan to make good use of my Time. I will continue to make artwork that is of my liking and possibly some commercial pieces to sell to the general public.
   
Well tata for now. You will be seeing me soon! Art is my life and that will never change!


No comments:

Post a Comment