Welcome to My Art Blog. I am Kallie Jackson Nielsen and this is my art blog. I will post blogs on here about current art projects I am working on and will also have my artwork displayed on here sometimes. If you have any questions or would like to consider me for an art job you can email me at KallieJackson2008@gmail.com, KallieNielsen2012@gmail.com, or View my art work on my website at KallieJackson.webs.com

I hope you enjoy looking at my artwork!

Kallie D. Jackson

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Chemical and Medical Side to Art

Hello World! :)

Ok so like I promised here are my process photos for my new encaustic piece. But first let me give you a little incite into what My concept is.

 I am focusing on the chemical and medical organic side of things. I'm breaking out of the standard square box canvas and creating my own organic shaped forms for my canvas boards. I'm also working on building up the structure beneath the wax, to create not only visual interest but also to more accurately mimic the actual organs. It’s to represent not only the actual things themselves, but also the mentality of it all as well. For example, through the drilled holes of the ovaries you can see the chemical formulas of the medications for the disease. It forces the audience to interact with the artwork in order to truly see what the piece is about. You have to peer into the holes, and get close and intimate with it. Just like you have to observe and relate to me, to know what I am about to truly understand me. 

Now that you understand what its about here are some process photos.



And the finished product with a close up view as well.



Well that's all for this week everyone. Don't let bad health or any other kind of problems get in your way. You can always meet or exceed you goals no matter what. You just have to have the determination and passion to try!

Love always,

Kallie

No comments:

Post a Comment